Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- “THE CHINESE MUST GO. And so must neuralgia and rheumatism…”: Examples of Nineteenth Century Shock Advertising
- Trumping a sense of decline. Guest appearance by Abraham Lincoln.
- Integrating Public History and Public Space – An example from Philadelphia
- Mugshot Histories: Send in the Clowns
- Brooklyn: Expertly filling gaps in our historical memory
Monthly Archives: March 2016
In the nineteenth and early twentieth century an interesting form of biography became popular called mugshot histories. Publishers advertised their book with grandiose titles in states or regions to people who could then purchase an entry for themselves. Along with … Continue reading